Learning From Each Other

baby learning piano 

One of the things I love about homeschooling is seeing the bond develop between my kids. There are fights of course, but there are also tender moments that happen between them that I missed seeing when they were at school.

DS6 is incredibly caring and nurturing and adores his baby sister who is currently 4 months old. In fact, I sometimes joke that he's the third parent. He can't get enough of her to the point where he has withdrawals if a friend or visitor is holding her!

He is also very protective which I hope continues well into her teenage and young adult years!

So, this morning he decided to teach her to play the piano.

As you can see she's a natural! She loves it!

baby girl playing piano

Although there are always going to be bonds between siblings, I can see that we are creating memories by giving them more time together through homeschooling. We are sharing life together - not leading individual lives. There is something beautiful about growing and learning together. I know that each of my children has something meaningful to give and contribute to our family and that we can all learn from one another.

Let's be honest, my 4 month old isn't quite ready to learn the piano but when she is, she will have 3 big brothers to show her the ropes and encourage her.

Homeschooling = learning from each other and learning together.

baby learning piano

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Small Children About Australian Aboriginal History

Why We Don't Celebrate Australia Day........................... And What We Do Instead.

All About Spelling - Our First Day